SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

0.965" to 1.25" diagonal

starscy

Sorry starscy, my bad.

You're right John. (Note to self - put brain in gear before posting :D)

Don't worry David :)

The design of that Tak diagonal did make it look a bit like a 1.25" fitting on one side - it uses a compression ring system which is quite bulky.

I bought one last summer from Scope n Skies for use with my Towa 339 vintage frac...they offer 2 versions, I got the cheap one at £9.99 post paid.

It works perfectly and makes a big difference to the views I can get via the Towa. A snip for the price.:)

If using an 1.25" eyepiece with this hybrid diagonal will the true field of view remain the same or will it be smaller?

The inside diameter of the .965 barrel will be the limiting factor and may cause some vingetting (loss of light from the edges of the field of view) with longer focal length / wider field of view eyepieces. You will probably be OK up to 25mm or so - above that (ie: 32mm etc) and this may be an issue.

• 2 months later...

Archived