This Evening

Kain

Heya All...

Without jinxing it, tonight should be pretty clear for observing anywhere say south of Chester..

I'm going to take a walk up the lane near where I live first to see if I can see any meteors from the upcoming shower, then get the scope out when I return and go Galaxy hunting (Only ever seen 4!!)

Anyone else got any plans for this evening? Seeing should be good as the atmosphere is very stable at the moment.

Kain

Kain, You may find galaxy hunting an exercise in futility with the Moon in this phase. I'd suggest you try brighter stuff. Experience shows me that it's pretty much a wash for galaxies, and even brighter objects like M13 are washed out. Double stars or very bright open clusters are best. Just a suggestion.

Case in point: I've got my new 10" scope aligned well enough for visual, but I'll be waiting a week before I go after any galaxies. Meanwhile, I tweak the drift alignment on bright stars. And yes, It's killing me.

its clear as a bell here near Chester, unfortuneatly I'm in work all night doing overtime. But it IS the overtime that pays for the toys! :D

As AM has said the Moon will stop any galaxy hunting for most of the night, I think it sets around 3 ish though...gives you an hour or so. :D

Archived