Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

narrowbandpaul

Astrofest 2010

Friday.... maybe SGL members need to all wear something for "easy identification"?!

Hope to catch up with members of the various societies I have belonged to over the ages.

I wonder if the Club&Society room will be back.... doubt it somehow!

PEterW

I'll be there on Friday lunchtime for the exhibition (bunking off work for a couple of hours...!)

I'll be the bald bloke with glasses wearing a blue fleece and long brown raincoat (amongst other items of clothing, naturally....!!!) :)

Edited by JimBobs63

Have been today with Russ and had a great day out!. Meet 2 forum members, which again was really good.. if you can, go.

Rob

It was quite quiet today.

Had a good look around :)

No great bargains found but I did find a 1st edition of a book I had been after ;)

Cheers

Ian

Got back home to find that after several months of silence and several 'polite' emails the council have 'neutered' the 2 streetlights that have enabled me to be able to read my "starcharts without aid"

A BIG thank you to Richmond Council for that, I am going to be writing them nice letter! If I'd have known this would happen I might have spend a little bit more today!

PEterW

Popped in quickly after work before catching the train home....only got to see the exhibition, seemed very similar to last year. Didn't part with any cash this time around though!

Hi

Will be there to see the man and of course the star of the show trudie:headbang:

Harry

Edited by harry page

Would love to have come along, but Amanda and I have both gone down with swine flu :)

Have fun for us!

Cheers

Rob

Just back from a great day at Astrofest. Great bargains and good talks in the afternoon. Bumped into several SGLers including Richie Jarvis, Helen, Ian and Mike P.

Edited by michaelmorris

Went today, I think it would be a good idea to wear some sort of a badge with name on. One of the only times that we will ever meet!

Met up with Richie, Daz, Narrowband Paul, MartinB and many many more...great day out...lots of good chats...

Very interesting chats indeed!

Edited by NickH

I had a good couple of days :)

Met plenty of good friends and some newer SGL folk

Cheers

Ian

Had a really good day and met a few old friends and made some new. I did say I wasn't going to spend anything so sorry about the clouds over the next few weeks :)

Regards

Kevin

well, i just arrived back in central scotland.

and I had a great time. Really, awesome. best part was meeting lots of people, most of whom I hadnt met before....

Kevin Nelson (QSI)

Peter Shah

MartinB

Kevin + his wife

NickH

Daz

Richie Jarvis

GordonH

Gain Lee

Paxo + his wife

John Pemberton

Terry Platt

all you guys made Astrofest 2010 special

Thanks all

Paul

Edited by narrowbandpaul

Well it was my first Astrofest too. I was quite suprised by the amount of kit on show. My original intention was just to see one ot two different makes of dobsonian and was pleasd to see both Skywatchers and meade, Orion and Zhumell? on display. It was a good chance to talk to the people in the stands and compare quality.

One of the highlights was to have a go at the Vixen Star Box 10 controller on the Opticron stand. Which was very clear and easy to use goto tracking system and full colour digital star chart rolled into one.

A lot more cameras than I expected too, so we duly entered the Atik photo competition although didn't quite understand the idea of voting for as many photos as we could fit on the vote paper!

Eventually ended looking at the Orion UK stand's 250L dobsonian which was on my list of "possibles" given the finer quality of optics (but at a cost). We eventally got talking about options not on the shows special price list and was taken aback with an offer that was made to me by one of the staff.

So I now have an Orion OD250S deluxe on order and we both went out to dinner to celebrate.

Edited by Tinners

Tinners, was that John by any chance?

he is a great bloke....tried his absolute best to sell me a CF tube with CNC rings for my 10" for a mere £1500

i had to decline on 3 occaisons!

paul

Had a great time, wasn't as busy as I thought it would be. Only saw Nick and Richie but it was very enjoyable.

I did look out for you Kev but sadly our paths didn't cross. But yes I will be going to SGL5 so will catch up with yourself and Tim then.