Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrofest 2010

narrowbandpaul

Friday.... maybe SGL members need to all wear something for "easy identification"?!

Hope to catch up with members of the various societies I have belonged to over the ages.

I wonder if the Club&Society room will be back.... doubt it somehow!

PEterW

I'll be there on Friday lunchtime for the exhibition (bunking off work for a couple of hours...!)

I'll be the bald bloke with glasses wearing a blue fleece and long brown raincoat (amongst other items of clothing, naturally....!!!) :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got back home to find that after several months of silence and several 'polite' emails the council have 'neutered' the 2 streetlights that have enabled me to be able to read my "starcharts without aid"

A BIG thank you to Richmond Council for that, I am going to be writing them nice letter! If I'd have known this would happen I might have spend a little bit more today!

PEterW

well, i just arrived back in central scotland.

and I had a great time. Really, awesome. best part was meeting lots of people, most of whom I hadnt met before....

Kevin Nelson (QSI)

Peter Shah

MartinB

Kevin + his wife

NickH

Daz

Richie Jarvis

GordonH

Gain Lee

Paxo + his wife

John Pemberton

Terry Platt

all you guys made Astrofest 2010 special

Thanks all

Paul

Well it was my first Astrofest too. I was quite suprised by the amount of kit on show. My original intention was just to see one ot two different makes of dobsonian and was pleasd to see both Skywatchers and meade, Orion and Zhumell? on display. It was a good chance to talk to the people in the stands and compare quality.

One of the highlights was to have a go at the Vixen Star Box 10 controller on the Opticron stand. Which was very clear and easy to use goto tracking system and full colour digital star chart rolled into one.

A lot more cameras than I expected too, so we duly entered the Atik photo competition although didn't quite understand the idea of voting for as many photos as we could fit on the vote paper!

Eventually ended looking at the Orion UK stand's 250L dobsonian which was on my list of "possibles" given the finer quality of optics (but at a cost). We eventally got talking about options not on the shows special price list and was taken aback with an offer that was made to me by one of the staff.

So I now have an Orion OD250S deluxe on order and we both went out to dinner to celebrate.

Archived