Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Astrophotograph - The Moon :-

LunarLight

Hey guys

I saw that there was a small gap in the clouds and figured I would give this photography a go.

This is my first image so its a little out of focus which sucks and its also shot through a thin layer of cloud. Any advice on shooting or editing you guys can give would be much appreciated.

by the way how do you take close up pictures without a lens or a eyepiece in the scope? is there a specific adapter other then a T-adapter

here is a link to the full size image: http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/230/astrophotographymoona.jpg

astrophotographymoona.jpg

so...does anyone have any advice on how I might improve focus or process this image? at all?

I've recently started using a Bhatinov mask and find it a very handy focusing tool. Nice image though, better than my first attempt at the moon.

It's a very good attempt, the mist is clear in that, which isn't going to be helping the focus.

I hope you don't mind, I had a quick play using GIMP..

A gentle S curve to boost contrast, a quick adjust with colour balance (I've not quite got it right), and a high pass filter sharpen

astrophotographymoona.jpg

Let me know if you want me to take it down.

thanks for the compliments guys :)

jgs001 - wow thanks alot :-) I can see the improvement that you have made! thats cool.

Is this GIMP worth getting then? a better question, I guess, is it easy to use considering I have no experience processing images at all.

you can leave it up its cool :-)

Archived