SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Broken screw bolt on europa rings

Hi all. thought i would try here first to see if anyone had a odd screw bolt clip that fits telescope rings, I just got back my old 10" Europa f6.3 today, it all looks fine, but some how the clip that holds the ball socket. that lifts over to tighten the rings, has snapped, so im now one ring tight. These latchet type screws, look like something you get from a hardware store. but of course to fit it to my europa rings the fitting would have to match otherwise im talking drilling new holes. ( dont have a drill ) any help much appreciated.

I may just have to contact orion.

I have the F/4.8 Europa 10" and I bet my rings are the same as yours. The fastner is indeed a window latch and I've just compared the ones on my scope with one I used on a window a while ago and the screw holes seem to be in just the same places so I'd say that Orion are using standard DIY items here !.

This is a brass plated version of the latch:

http://www.choiceful.com/prod_image/63814_l.jpg

I believe you can get these from a DIY shop for a couple of quid each.

Archived