Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Guiding telescope with Stellarium

Hello

I was wondering how you can use stellarium to guide your scope. I have a celestron nexstar 114 goto telescope and have managed to connect it to my laptop. I know the connection works and using nexstar observers list I can control the scope. However, when I am in stellarium (nexstar closed) I cannot get it to control the scope using the CTRL+ scope number any ideas on where I might be going wrong, or if there is any other freeware software I could use?

Thank you, I have managed to get the scope to work using stellariumscope, quite easy really to set up. Do you any of you have any further suggestions for useful software?
I found the following thread saved me a lot of time:

http://stargazerslounge.com/primers-tutorials/84630-stellarium-operated-goto-mounts.html

The ASCOM route was educational - and very functional. But I'm quite interested in trying out the Open Source drivers (last post) for Stellarium sometime... Might be a tad easier / neater? :)

Archived