Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello...at last!!!

Flinthead

After a bit of delay and mix up Santa finally delivered in a Fed Ex van today, so I thought it might be time to say Hi to every one, and thanks to those who posted replies when I asked for advice on which scope to chose back in December. :D

Have also been reading threads on EP's and filters, in anticipation of upgrading as I guess the EP's supplied aren't great. Thanks to all those who have taken the time and trouble to write quite extensive guides, as a newbie they are very useful, although when it comes to I might still need advice.:)

luckily I live in a rural area so very little light pollution and no street lights so hopefully a good viewing site.

Spent the last month with my head stuck in O'meara's Messier Objects and Tirions Star Atlas, now all I have to do is open the box...... well if only it was going to be that easy!

Look forward to viewing and posting from time to time.

Now, to those three big boxes.... I wonder what should be my first target?:eek:

After a bit of delay and mix up Santa finally delivered in a Fed Ex van today, so I thought it might be time to say Hi to every one, and thanks to those who posted replies when I asked for advice on which scope to chose back in December. :D

Have also been reading threads on EP's and filters, in anticipation of upgrading as I guess the EP's supplied aren't great. Thanks to all those who have taken the time and trouble to write quite extensive guides, as a newbie they are very useful, although when it comes to I might still need advice.:)

luckily I live in a rural area so very little light pollution and no street lights so hopefully a good viewing site.

Spent the last month with my head stuck in O'meara's Messier Objects and Tirions Star Atlas, now all I have to do is open the box...... well if only it was going to be that easy!

Look forward to viewing and posting from time to time.

Now, to those three big boxes.... I wonder what should be my first target?:eek:

First target - open the boxes! :D

Thanks for the welcome.

I got an Explorer 200P with an HEQ5 mount.

The boxes are opened, and quite surprised by the sheer size of everything - its bigger than I expected.

Currently assembling it all, the instructions on setting up and aligning are worthless, I think Atrobabies website will prove very handy.

Anyone know how many hours a set of batteries will last?

After doing a bit of surfing it seems as though a powertank is the way to go, at the cost 3 or 4 sets of batteries or twice the cost of an indoor mains psu, I guess it a bit of a no brainer. I was thinking of trying to make one with rechargeble batteries and a charger but it hardly seems worth the hassle when a purpose built unit is available at a reasonable cost.

Looking forward to using the scope but wont be tonight judging by the cloud and sleet currently enveloping the area!

Archived