SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M1 my first real go

adamsp123

Excellent first go at M1. Having a modded DSLR makes such a difference in pulling out those filaments. My only shot of M1 was with an unmodded 300D and i really had to go to town on the processing to get anything.

Nice job!

Russ

Pete,

Great start mate and you are bang on about more data needed. You have the structure, just need more data so you don't have to pull it so much in the processing.

Excellent colours, just as I expected, but I would say the background is a little too dark.

Stuck in a hotel in Denmark, so haven't the progs to check, but check you haven't chopped the histogram to the left (black end).

Get some more subs mate, will turn out to be a great image

Edit : When i did mine, see my website gallery, I was using 10 min subs and it really helped with the finer inner structure.

Pete,

Great start mate and you are bang on about more data needed. You have the structure, just need more data so you don't have to pull it so much in the processing.

Excellent colours, just as I expected, but I would say the background is a little too dark.

Stuck in a hotel in Denmark, so haven't the progs to check, but check you haven't chopped the histogram to the left (black end).

Get some more subs mate, will turn out to be a great image

Edit : When i did mine, see my website gallery, I was using 10 min subs and it really helped with the finer inner structure.

Cheers for the advice unfortunately I had to dump all my 10 min subs but clear skies permitting I will have another go. I realised I had over done the darkness when I cropped it, I hope the Vikings have let you go now.

Archived