Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

skywatcher skymax 127

Hi i am new to this forum and looking to buy my o/h a scope for his 50th.

He has good knowledge of stars and planets but has never owned a scope. I have done a bit of research and been told the skymax is good - can anyone give me some advice

I really want to surprise him but feel i may end up giving him a voucher to get his own. My budget is £500

thanks

Hello Mrs P,

I could do with a wife like you :-))

The Skymax 127 IS a very good scope but is a little bit small and for your £500 you can get a very high performance scope.

There are many types of scopes but Reflectors represent the best value for money and perform very well.

This is the simplest type - you have to push the scope to follow objects as the Earth moves but it's quite easy to do ....

Dobsonians - Skywatcher Skyliner 200P Dobsonian

This type follows the stars and planets automatically (you would have to add motors for around £90 to £150 ...

Reflectors - Skywatcher Explorer 200P EQ5

I prefer refractors, this one is a very good deal, again you need to add motors ...

Clearance / Pre-Owned - Celestron C100 ED-R ED

And finally the Skymax (motorised and with GOTO).....

Maksutov - Skywatcher Skymax 127 SynScan AZ GOTO

That should get you started.

HTH

Archived