SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Waxing crescent

yeti monster

Whilst out on deck this evening I noticed, though a momentary gap in the cloudage, the crescent moon approaching the horizon. Coloured a pale orange by atmospherics and sitting like the cheshire cats smile due to the latitude (20 degrees North). A pleasing view at any time. If I'd been able to get my camera I'd have shared it with you all, alas, it was just a fleeting glimps really and the clouds soon covered her up again.

Edit:

I have done an e-sketch/artists rendition of the scene. Imagine a dark sky over a dark sea.......

f9173a544489c63d97bb2b30788caee5_3782.jpg?dl=1263822956

• 2 weeks later...
It was originally a photo of the last crescent rising. After rotationing it a tad, to give it the correct aspect, and a spot of airbrushing, to broaden it and try to mimic the "orangy" hew, I had to call it something other than a photograph.

I use Gimp freeware for editing photos and for e-sketching (see my Mercury e-sketch). In addition I use a graphics pad and pen, which offers superior control over a mouse.

Archived