SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Light with the Takahashi TSA 120 !

FranckiM06

Hello every body,

So, yesterday I received my new refractor TAKAHASHI TSA 120 !

It is beautiful refractor and the colors are respected and it is great pleasure to use it. Also, now I can see and feel the difference between the 102 & 120. The weight and the lenght and the light !

So, I have shot NGC 891 last night and we can see lot of galaxy in the same deep field ! There is 15 x 10mn + 9 darks & 9 flats cooled around -18° :

ngc8911airis5csa5.png

Hello Rob,

Yes, you alright because I'm like the kid and my wife saw my face yesterday when I receive it and she asked to me : who I like better ? her or my TSA ! I told here : here off course but she was surprised because I keep this nice refractor in my arm like the baby and I stay with the refractor all night, so she is little worry now to be alone in the bedroom when the sky would be clear !

I'm so happy to get this beautiful refractor and so long time to save money that after you just feel happy very much.

Franck

Oh c'est joli!

Good first light Franck. I think you will find that the real Takahashi magic comes with the colour. Cerrtainly that is what I find with my 85. The colour and colour contrast is incredible.

Funnily enough this was my first light target when I got my first large refractor as well, the Meade 127.

We will all enjoy your new scope and its results.

Olly

PS Ici mauvais temps. Et toi?

Thank you very much Olly,

Yes, I know you alright but I'm not feel ready to do the color images because I try to learn again about the process and I'm not very good in processing.

About the weather, I think we have the same thing !!! Ici aussi vers Cannes il fait mauvais, mais j'aimerais bien te connaitre et te rencontrer à l'occasion.

The interresting point is te weight that I have finally on the EQ6 mount: 12 Kgs about my setup and the mount don't feel any problem and you could see it on my image and the stars !

Best regards.

Franck

Archived