Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Maybe...just maybe

marcdearn

I've packed my scope away as this looks like it could be an extended run of cloudy nights and have taken up my old hobby of sea fishing out on my Dads boat, normally go out at about 2am depending on the tide. I'll take my bins out with me just incase.

Whats the worst that can happen, no stars and no cod......

After a prolonged spell of rain last night, it gradually cleared and by 12.30am it was not too bad, still quite murky at first, but gradually getting more transparent.

I was fortunate to start imaging around 1.30 ish, slept from 2.30 till 4am while the rig ticked away, and then stayed out with it from 4am till 6.30, then went back to bed but couldnt sleep.

I hope all of you guys with new kit get to use it real soon, it can get very frustrating. Looks like some of us will get some clear spells tonight, but theres something strange going on over Wales, it's creating its own weather by the look of it.

I'm due a clear spell tonight - according to the forecast - I'm set up already. My target is simple, the horse head.

I'd be happy with an hour of stars TBH, but if it stays clear till 10pm I'll be over joyed!

Good luck everyone...

Ant

I'm due a clear spell tonight - according to the forecast - I'm set up already. My target is simple, the horse head.

I'd be happy with an hour of stars TBH, but if it stays clear till 10pm I'll be over joyed!

Good luck everyone...

Ant

Cheers Ant, I've not bothered looking outside today, but now you've mentioned that I'm getting my gear ready right now.

Its been clear and sunny all day today here. Its dusk now, I'm sure I can see some clouds coming over.......

Hoping to have a go with my new dew kit this evening, last time I took the scope out to look at Mars, it misted up within half an hour.

Allan

Archived