SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What do you think is the best planetary 7,8 0r 9mm eyepiece ?

evansj2000

Hi Jase

the TMB is a good well priced alternative to the expensive premium eyepieces.

a few others are

takahashi 7.5mm hi le based on my experience with the 5mm and 12.5mm they are very sharp with superb contrast and better eye relief than orthos. field is 52 degrees expect to pay around £75 used

i have also used a 9mm nagler type 6 stunning for spacewalk lunar views bit pricey used at around £150 used

others include televue radian, celestron ultima and vixen lanthanum £45- £95 used (radian most expensive)

regards mike

The Baader ortho's are really good and not *that* expensive. I have a 12.5 mm i use for galaxies. I has very good contrast and barlowed with my TV2 performs really good on moon and planets. Actually i am so thrilled with i will get a 9 mm too sometime in the future. Only the very edge shows some softness but otherwise it performs superb...

:D

I need to get a better quality eye piece for planetary and lunar

work - what do you suggest.

:D

Jase

Unless you've got a Dob and need the FOV you can't beat OU or Baader orthos for the money. They are great eyepieces

Archived