Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

clear skies please please

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we have a blizzard in S. Wales and it is set to carry on all night...

I haven't been out since November - a few grab and go sessions with the binos around Auriga's open clusters, but nothing to write home about. Dying to give Mars a go :eek:

Yes im after mars at the moment but without telescope she just looked great the other morning there was snow on the ground in my backyard and she just looked golden awsome sight and feeling made me shudder :)

Yeah, I'm after Mars as well. Want to re-try some imaging. But all I see is orange cloud every single night. I hope it will be clear before Mars is moving away again. (or better we are moving away from Mars).

Aye, can confirm that for Saturday or Sunday eve (partly cloudy).... but dont hold your breath. If there is a break in the cloud, I can expect most of us being involved in a mad dash to the garden :) heh...you wont see me for dust!

Just keep an eye on the BBC weather page.

Not here. Yesterday the report said tonight and tomorrow night would be clear. This morning the hotech collimator finally arrived, as well as a warm coat I bought for observing, I collimated as best I could, got everything ready, checked the report again... 100% cloud coverage till Monday night... that's just nice...

Not here. Yesterday the report said tonight and tomorrow night would be clear. This morning the hotech collimator finally arrived, as well as a warm coat I bought for observing, I collimated as best I good, got everything ready, checked the report again... 100% cloud coverage till Monday night... that's just nice...

When it rains it pours yer ? :)

Depends on where you are I guess. The Birmingham area is down for clear skies from Sun to Mon night. Tonight, it says there will be broken cloud about midnight. Heh :eek: I guess being in the middle of the country has its benifits (sometimes!). I'll put my gear on standby for this eve, just in case :D

But knowing our luck, the BBC will get it hopelessly wrong again :) a la Michael Fish

Glad the snow has gone now, cos going to work was like walking through a slush puppie, and it was even less fun when it got into your shoes. 10/10 for the trains though, wasnt late for work once this week.

Update: I think tonight (00:00 - 06:00) is nailed-on now in terms of clear sky.... im gonna need some strong coffee for this as i havent got the staying power that i used to...lol.

Tonight will be the first night I haven't had to be doing a ghoster since I got back to work on Monday. The clouds have broken up some, so I'll be hoping to get a loan of the control room binos for a scout about Orion, Auriga and Taurus etc. We're rolling a few degrees due to the seas so a scope or tripod mounted binos would be terrible, plus the wind is still howling from the North east (been doing that since October), I expect it to change back to the west around March/April........

Thursday evening was beautifully clear. BUT the outdoor skating rink (this is a big thing here in The Netherlands) a few hundred metres from my house was in full swing, lord knows how many kilowatts of brilliant flood-lights reflecting back up from the white ice surface. Could just about see Orion and Mars. However a thaw is setting in so (bad luck for the skaters) the light pollution should improve soon.

Archived