Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Equinox ED80 + Canon 450D + T Ring Adptr + What

When affixing my Camera to the back of the Equinox, the scope remains out of focus, even at full length.

I have a 1.25" adapter as well at the correct T Ring adapter, but I seem to be about (total guessing) 2" short?

So I am guessing that I need to get either a 2" adapter and extension tube, or a 1.25" extension tube.

CAM : Adapter : ?Extension? : Scope

Am I right?!

It's a 2" focusser isn't it ? If so, get a 3" long 2" diameter extention tube, the T ring, and update the nosepiece on the T ring to be a 2" fit... it'll make a big difference for Vignetting. I have effectively this setup on my C80ED, but use the MaxDSLR attachment.

Probably. You might be able to experiment a bit by setting the telescope up without an eyepiece and then placing the camera behind the focuser. Move the camera untill it you can see the image in the viewfinder is in focus. You will then know how long an extension tube you will need. The distance will be about the same as the length lost by not having a diagonal in place.

Peter

It's a 2" focusser isn't it ? If so, get a 3" long 2" diameter extention tube, the T ring, and update the nosepiece on the T ring to be a 2" fit... it'll make a big difference for Vignetting. I have effectively this setup on my C80ED, but use the MaxDSLR attachment.

Wonderful. :)

Ben here you go..

Adaptors - Two-inch Focus Extension tubes

Actually, I've checked and got the sizing wrong, I'm using a 2" long tube.

John - thanks a lot. I won't use FLO for this though - Fedex refused to deliver my current FLO order today, because of roadworks at one end of the street, so I don't know how long I will have to wait for it to arrive now. I'll pick the extension up locally instead.

Archived