Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Solar activity 7 January 2010

Helen

I managed to get out today and there was some nice activity :) Quite a few good proms and an active region which became visible after I stared at it for a while!

I'm loving the ease of operation of the DMK :) (shame I have to go back to work next week :mad:).

So here's my first composite - the processing was more by trial and error than knowledge, so I need to read up on layers and colouring techniques.

DMK21 mono, with 2xbarlow lens attached to the nosepiece, on a PST. Both 1 min total exposure at 30fps stacked and wavelet tweaked in Regi5, layered in CS2.

Helen

post-13020-133877418788_thumb.jpg

Thanks Brian and Ron :) I must admit I'm really enjoying this. Its a real antidote to the challenges of getting my DSO set-up working properly. Working in daylight is so much easier :)

Its looking good for tomorrow too :mad:

Helen

Thanks for the encouragement, Nick, yes I'm addicted! I know what you mean about altitude, I only get a couple of hours opportunity in the morning at the moment because of the altitude and the trees in my garden. But given my little rear-wheel drive Mazda MX5 just can't cope with snow the solar work is giving me something good to do!

Helen

Archived