Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Beginners help required

Just need a bit of advice on kit really. I was around at my friends looking through his scope and was sold on the whole thing after seeing various DSO's. What I have bought, some on his advice and others by reading many many reviews is this:

Celestron astromaster 90 eq (I liked the look of it and it came a an excellent price)

William optics star diagonal

9.7mm and 26mm meade 4000 eyepiece

12.5mm dave hinds eyepiece

I want a barlow to go with it and need to know which one is best. Meade #124 or a Bresser one off Scopesnskies. Both I can get for £25ish.

Before I buy anything else, I just need some advice on what works well or not with this scope.

Thanks in Advance... Austin

Welcome to SGL :)

Save up a few more pounds and get the TAL 2x Barlow - £35.00 from First Light Optics. Proven optical quality and a better bet than the Meade or Bresser units.

A 90mm scope will show some of the brighter DSO's but don't expect views like the pictures you see !. As a refractor it's probably a better scope for the planets, double stars and the moon to be honest.

Have fun with it :)

Archived