SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My Second Nebula, the horse

Keithp

Okay it's a bit crude compared to others, only managed 21 subs varying between 45 secs and 2min 30.

Had to stretch it a bit..

EQ6 unguided, 102mm Celestron Wide View scope and unmodded Canon 500d.

Gotta get the hang of setting up the 250px with the goto, trouble was tonight the narrow field of view and the cold (-8C:eek:) was too frustrating.

Regards

Keithp

post-15528-133877418313_thumb.jpg

Excellent image Keith. Considering the sub length you've picked up an awful lot of detail, there's an awful amount of Ha data behind the HH, you've managed to pick some of this up (difficult with an unmodded SLR). Well done.

Steve..

As Steve says, very classy.

If I were you, I'd find the longest practical sub length and stick to just that, rather than do a mix of exposure times. There is software out there which has the ability to properly take a range of exposures and just select the detail (Pixinsight), but you will find DSS does a better job of the final file with just one sub length to work with.

Again, great work on this one.

TJ

Thanks for the encouragement and comments. I appreciate that with an unmodded dslr I can't get all the colour that others achieve on excellent examples I've seen. I'm hoping that on the next session I can use the 250px and sort the goto out using a wider field ep to narrow down the initial star align before using the camera zoom to finally nail it. (Just that at -8C the brain don't think logically at the time:eek:)

Working on the priciple of wider apperture equals more light should I find that I can get more of the red colour (ha?) in this scenario?

Regards

Keithp

Very nicely done Keith. You've got some lovely details coming through there, especially with an unmodded SLR.

Apparently, Entropy Weighted Average can be used for combining different sub lengths in DSS, but I've never tried it.

Nice to see you getting well into the imaging now Keith :)

The later canons seem to be quite a bit more sensitve to Ha compared to the older ones... whilst they still benefit from modding they can produce so very nice results without...

When I take different sub length I stack all the same lengths in DSS seperately and then process these in CS3/4 or Registar..

Peter...

Archived