SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first nebula

Keithp

Okay, be gentle...

Tonight at -6C, and with my main lappy minus a panel soon to be replaced I set up with the guide scope, Canon 500d not modified, no autoguiding as I'm still trying to work out the guide cam. Sooo I went all nice and easy....YO result my first nebula

140 seconds, iso 800, 102mm Wide View Celestron.

As it came out the can, no processing, except a crop.

Well chuffed!:hello2:

post-15528-133877418225_thumb.jpg

Hi Kieth

You say this is your first attept will I think it;s great well done

please put up more in the future we all like to see them and as I have not have clear sky for months , you know what I mean keep up the good work

Doug

Essex

Cheers Doug, yep...first go at a nubula. Been having a few problems with my main laptop, just started autoguiding and having problems with that so tonight I thought what the hell, put the guide scope on the mount, hooked up the dslr, checked out the goto was set and working okay and after setting up the focus on the camera (PA nice and tight) on Betelguese sent the goto off to M42 and fired away...when I saw the results I couldn't believe my eyes.. had a couple of goes at galaxies, but they don't compare to this for me...yet

oh I see some long nights ahead;)

Regards

Keithp

Archived