SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

out with binos what good objects

Try M81 and M82 a pair of galaxies. They should be visible in binoculars if you have reasonable skies. They are up and right from the main part of the plough. Look them up on a star atlas and give it a go. Takes patience but its worth it if you find them!

Mark

I've also been out with the bino's tonight, there was no point setting up the scope as one of the neighbours decided to leave on her '100 million watt' security light which shines straight in to my garden AGAIN!! :hello2:

Anyways with the bino's I saw - M45 (Pleiades), M42 which is good with the bino's as you can also see the whole of Orions Sword in the FOV and I spent some time on the Moon. Also saw a couple of meteors not sure if they were part of the Quadrantids meteor shower as it was well past the maximum but they did appear in the North heading West so maybe. :)

I would love to see Andromeda, or any other galaxy for that matter. I've seen nothing apart from the moon since i've had my scope, I only have a view facing North to East from my house so it's pretty limited

We'll your in luck with Andromeda it's pretty much straight up for most of the night just now and M81 M82 are in the North so worth a go. :)

To be honest the Moons prob a bit high now for looking at M81 M82 with bino's tonight but with no Moon and a dark site they are worth a go. Obviously you'd get a better view with your 8" Dob if your skies aren't that dark - they are so close together you should be able to see them both at the same time even with the scope! :hello2:

is m82 and 82 hard to find i might have a go in a minute

did ya find em kelly?? yet to see these meself as their out the front of me house all the time lol. this pic i found might help ya out a bit.

chart_ursa_major.gif

no i didnt have any luck nearly froze lol, but im gonna have another go tonight and that drawing of where there located has actually helped me i wud have never looked there lol,

didnt realise they were near the big dipper

will i be able to spot them with my binos then use the scope??

k

Archived