1825338873_SNRPN2021banner.jpg.68bf12c7791f26559c66cf7bce79fe3d.jpg

making my shed more safe!!!

Happy New Year All......

well its me kelly again lol, well i just wanted to ask anyone about storing my scopes,

i have a shed which currently stored my 2 scopes, and some equipment but i dont know how to make it more insulated i mean like more safe i dont know quite how to put it at the moment my dads attached this chipboard wood all the way around the inside of the shed,

someone told me to put black bags on the windows but im not quite sure if thats good or not i need to do it the cheap way for now lol ( have to payout sum money on my car this week lol)

also does anyone no a good way to get rid of the dew and condensation quick i went out tonight and it took forever lol

all the best

kelly

Lining it with chipboard as your Dad has done should help. What sort of roof does it have? You could also buy a dessicant tub from somewhere like BnQ this should last about 3 months before needing a new tablet refill. Or if you have electricity in the shed a low wattage heater just to raise the temperature by a few degrees.

Regards

Kevin

You read the instructions on the box, set it up in your shed and watch it collect the moisture out of the atmosphere. its surprising how much water appears in the container.

Sometimes just for fun i like to leave all the windows in the house open and empty the bucket every hour.

If you are using bags of crystals / pellets or whatever it makes sense to put the scope into a "small space" so that the amount of water vapour to be absorbed is a minimum. Nothing special - a bag over the scope with the stuff inside the bag as well would do. I know some people use garden furniture or bicycle covers - the sort Argos sell cheaply - which will do nicely. Posh folk would use a box or cupboard made for the purpose.

If you are using bags of crystals / pellets or whatever it makes sense to put the scope into a "small space" so that the amount of water vapour to be absorbed is a minimum. Nothing special - a bag over the scope with the stuff inside the bag as well would do. I know some people use garden furniture or bicycle covers - the sort Argos sell cheaply - which will do nicely. Posh folk would use a box or cupboard made for the purpose.

I use the box my scope came in to store it and i aint posh.

I use an old Egyptian sarcophagus that daddy brought home last time he was out educating the savages.....but failing that I have a small electric heater that has a frost setting (basically it switches on everytime it gets really cold).

I'd sooner have the shed being able to breath as it where to allow moisture to escape instead of holding it inside with the old plastic nailed to every orafice!

The dehumidifier I bought cost me £70 from Argos it runs in my shed on a timer (cost £5) for two hours a day and it keeps my shed and all the contents nice and dry. Compared to the cost of the scope its worth every penny.