Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another message from Sir Patrick.

Trevor

Sir Patrick would like to say

Via Trudie and Trevor.

I am shattered by the number of good will messages I have received from you all.

I really dont know what to say and am lost for words.

I am getting better although it is a very slow prosess, but I hope to be back in action as soon as I can.

Just as soon as I am well I will go through all my messages and answer what I can, although to respond to you all individually would take me to Christmas 2010.

so once again thank you all very much and a happy 2010 to you all.

Very best

Ever Patrick.

SPM has been my inspiration for much of my life, 2/3 of it now to be honest.

I met him once, i'd like to meet him again.

I can honestly say that of three people who have helped influence and shape my life, my wife, my mother and SPM are those i will always remember, value and respect.

Down to my shortly to be born Son, Sir Patrick, he will also be raised on your astronomy books and sky at night programmes, so there you go, you will inspire yet another generation.

Its people like you who will stand up next to David Bellamy, Sir David Attenborough as a legend in the field.

The naturalists needed two legends, Astronomy only needs one, we have him.

SPM is a once in a lifetime, i am honoured to have met you and spoken to you.

And one day when your feeling better, we'll meet again.

A belated new years toast, raise your glasses please

to Sir Patrick Moore, may his recovery be a speedy and conformtable one.

I've just been reading the Atlas of the Universe by SPM. I never realised that Sky at Night started in 1957, so it's as old as me! I think I started watching it when I was 9 or 10 but only if Dad would let me stay up.

Glad to hear SPM is on the mend and hope he is back in action very soon

Trudie and Trevor can you please send on this message for me

Thanks so much.

Patrick,

I am so glad to read you are back on the road to recovery, and I must appologise to you for not being in touch for so long. I hope that this is a turning point for that! (not been that good myself )

As always you have never been too far from my minds eye, such is the inspiration you have brought to me.

I very much look forward to chatting to you again soon.Trudie will no doubt inform you I have asked what could be the best time. I wont keep you any longer other than just to say Speedy recovery

hope I can meet up again before too long

Clear Skies

very sincerely

Martyn

I'm just an ordinary keen stargazer, like countless thousands of others, whose first inspiration to look "up" came from Sir Patrick, both on his TV programme but mostly from his books (half of my astronomy books are written by him!).

As a boy of 10 in 1966 I was bought his Observers' Book of Astronomy, a little gem, which I more or less memorised and bored my longsuffering mum and dad with by quoting very authoritatively that "Patrick Moore says....!"

I recently found a copy of the OBA on Ebay and have it safely in my car door pocket so I can dip in and out when drinking a coffee while out on business! (Sad or what?).

I was very sorry to hear of SPM's illness and would just like to join everyone in wishing him a speedy recovery, and thanking him for getting me into this marvellous hobby.

Get well soon, Sir!

best wishes

Dave

I've just been reading the Atlas of the Universe by SPM. I never realised that Sky at Night started in 1957, so it's as old as me! I think I started watching it when I was 9 or 10 but only if Dad would let me stay up.

Glad to hear SPM is on the mend and hope he is back in action very soon

As far as I am aware, please correct me if i'm wrong, The Sky at Night is actualy the longest running TV programe going ?

Glad Patrick is feeling a little better.

I've attended several of Patricks lectures and after asking him to sign a book for me, which he did, I left with a beaming smile like a big kid :)

I believe that you're right, which makes SPM the longest serving presenter! He has nonly ever missed one episode (that I know of) in 50+ years, due to food poisoning (bad duck eggs if I recall).

I've said before and I'll say it again - about time they made him Lord Moore of Selsey!

Archived