SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

sgl star party.

There are a couple of good star parties within a half-day's drive of my sunny home in Niagara. Star Fest, in Southwest Ontario, is said to be one of North America's best, and a couple of star parties are held at Cherry Springs State Park in Pennsylvania each year. I have been to CSSP twice, and the skies are amazing there. I will post about these parties when they come up, and maybe some of you can surprise me.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decide a weekend in march around new moon. Once you find a location - I'll approach on eof the weather forcasting places and see if I can blag some free history for that period / location. Just to see what the chances are of clear weather.

Ant

I have a strong suspicion that because Kelling was moved from March into April that Kielder is being moved into March on the very dates You have mentioned.

[glow=red,2,300]I will try to confirm it at the weekend.[/glow]

Thanks for that...

• 2 weeks later...

Denge peninsula in Essex is also quite good!

Ant

Are you on the Dengie then Ant? I'm awful close to it and work there!

Justin

No Justin I don't live there - but it isn't that far for me. I live a few miles from Southend. So as a location it wouldn't be far at all.

Ant

HI GUYS GALS I KNOW THIS AINT THE WAY TO GO BUT, Perhaps we are as well to go , North , South star partys perhaps once a year then a joint one one once ayear what do you think? perhaps Kielder or mid Wales if we can sort it I would be willing to find somewhere for the North star party with a bit of help from some one what do you think and who is willing to help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Richard

Basically, as many people as possible turn up with beer and astro-gear and observe (or image). You then get the opportunity to drink, wander round and look through different scopes. Some bigger, some smaller. Talk to people to see what sort of beer they drink and what astronomy they do. Some just image, some draw, some observe, some just drink, etc.

There is indeed one in the Peak District, think it's this weekend, actually.

I shall be organising an SGL one in the new year - date and venue to be decided yet!

Oh, did I mention the beer? :D

Archived