Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

trudie

A MESSAGE FROM PATRICK

Thank you all very much for your kind messages, I appreciate them very much, and am very, very, deeply touched by your concern.

Thank you all,

Regards

Patrick

No other reason I would be sat in the garden in minus -2 freezing my **** off if it wasn't for SPM :hello2:

He really has a lot to answer for :)

All the very best to Patrick.. a rock in the Astronomy community. I'm most saddened to here he is unwell again.

Rob

Thank you all very much for your kind messages, I appreciate them very much, and am very, very, deeply touched by your concern.

Thank you all,

Regards

Patrick

Get well soon. I'll never forget the monthly progs you made back in the mists of time. They were always a topic of discussion between my friends and I in my school years.

Thank you all,

Regards

Patrick

You have helped shape British astronomy into what it is today!

You are a legend.

ATB Sir Patrick, perhaps when i am next in Selsey i could pop on by :-)

A very big get well soon from all youre friends in Newcastle also. :hello2::):)

I wish you a speedy recovery sir Patrick... stay out of the cold! Probably good advice for all of us :hello2:

As several people who are in very close contact with Patrick are on this forum, I think it's wonderful that both our wishes of a speedy recovery to him reach him, and his thoughts reach us..

The person who started this thread is Sir Patrick Moore?

Ok then

Trudie is a great friend of Patrick and he asked her pass on the message of thanks.

Regards

Kevin

Best wishes Sir Patrick for a speedy recovery - you have inspired countless thousands (millions?) to take up amateur astronomy and long may it continue.

Looking forward to the first S@N of 2010 tomorrow night/early Monday am. Hopefully SPM will be well enough to film February's, but then he has only missed one episode in over 50 years!

All the best, sir, from another amatuer you have inspired on countless ocassions.

Get well soon Patrick. You inspired me from a child. I remember writing to you at your home in Selsey when I was a kid and you always replied back, same old typewriter on the same postcards.

Make a speedy recovery !

Wishing you a speedy recovery Sir Patrick, I am sure you have been an inspiration to all of us in the UK and world wide.

Good health for the New Year Sir.

John.

Trudie is a great friend of Patrick and he asked her pass on the message of thanks.

Regards

Kevin

I was in a particularly tetchy mood that day I have to be honest, apologies.

Anymore news on how he is doing?

What's wrong? Is it anything serious?

I hope he gets well soon! One of my strongest idols - maybe I'm the only 15 year old who watches his programmes.