Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunar eclipse today 10 x 50 observation

Rob1961

Just come in from observing the partial eclipse with a very nice pair of opticron 10 x 50 (tripod mounted). (Total cloud cover now) They showed the whole of the partial phase really well and showed Tycho, Grimaldi, Copernicus and Kepler as real 'show-off' items. Very nice observing session, if too short. Now trying to warm up -brrr Rob

Just come in from observing the partial eclipse with a very nice pair of opticron 10 x 50 (tripod mounted). (Total cloud cover now) They showed the whole of the partial phase really well and showed Tycho, Grimaldi, Copernicus and Kepler as real 'show-off' items. Very nice observing session, if too short. Now trying to warm up -brrr Rob

It was my very first astronomy observation session tonight - how fortunate that I witnessed such an event.

Hi Colin

Hope the weather, for clouds, was good for you. Hopefully the first observing event of many!

Happy New Year

Rob

Thanks Rob, and a Happy New Year to you too.

I had perfectly clear skies for two hours - now I'm hooked!

Archived