Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Where have my old e-mails gone ?

crepitis

When I had some recent problems with my PC I managed to get most things working again after re-installing windows Vista, but Ive just noticed that all my old e-mails have vanished from my various folders, "inbox" "outbox" "drafts" etc .

Does anyone have any idea where they may be located on my hard drive or how I could search for them ?

Thanks

Just to add, it might not be relevant depending on what you've done, but if I remember rightly whenever I have upgraded a system to Vista from XP on the c: drive I think there is a folder called "oldwindows" or something like that which is a copy of all of the files from your previous version of Windows.

If my memory serves me right this folder contains all the old "user" files and folders where your emails would be stored.

You should be able to browse for the file through windows mail.

Hope that helps.

Just to add, it might not be relevant depending on what you've done, but if I remember rightly whenever I have upgraded a system to Vista from XP on the c: drive I think there is a folder called "oldwindows" or something like that which is a copy of all of the files from your previous version of Windows.

If my memory serves me right this folder contains all the old "user" files and folders where your emails would be stored.

You should be able to browse for the file through windows mail.

Hope that helps.

Upgraded...are you sure...?!!

Archived