Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Gassendi 28_12_09 12 day old moon

Rob1961

Hi

Just a couple of shots of the Gassendi area taken on the 28th at 17.30 - I just had half an hour and it was pretty poor weather with heavy cloud creeping in. Anyway, these were taken with a Skywatcher 127mm Supatrack SCT and the Meade LPI. First time I've been able to do any imaging since July :hello2: It was a nightmare getting set-up - one of the tripod furrels became loose so the alinement wasn't perfect - and is showed in the tracking!! The first of these is a single frame shot from the sequence and the second is a stack of 9 images from 25 in Registax v4. I have deliberately done no further processing on these just to show what the initial results look like. The only thing done was to 'flip' the final image. All in all pretty happy with these although I will probably have a bit of a processing 'play' with them.

Rob

Moon_2812099_17300001-0337_Flipped_Gassendi.bmp

Gassendi_Flipped_2812_09_1730_9stk.bmp

Sorry everyone, I became confused as to how to attach thumbnails hence here they are for the above post. I'm blaming it on the weather!:hello2: So, the background is these were taken with a Skywatcher 127mm Supatrack SCT and the Meade LPI. First time I've been able to do any imaging since July :) It was a nightmare getting set-up - one of the tripod furrels became loose so the alinement wasn't perfect - and is showed in the tracking!! The first of these is a single frame shot from the sequence and the second is a stack of 9 images from 25 in Registax v4. I have deliberately done no further processing on these just to show what the initial results look like. The only thing done was to 'flip' the final image. All in all pretty happy with these although I will probably have a bit of a processing 'play' with them.

post-16695-133877417693_thumb.jpg

Gassendi_Flipped_2812_09_1730_9stk.bmp

Hopefully the thumbnails should now be here (fingers crossed) Rob

Archived