Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

StaR BlaZeR

help aligning the clestron 6 se

hey guys i was wondering if i could get some advice on alligning the celestron 6se. i pik 3 objects in complaetly different ends of the sky. and falloww all instructions on entering my information of time date etc.. i keep getting a fail. other than that i love using the scope. thanks guys

I have a 6SE and have no problems with the alignment.

Things to check:

have you entered the date in MM/DD/YY format (not DD/MM/YY as we use in the UK)?

do you have accurate coordinates?

is the scope reasonably level?

The one time I had problems it was because I had entered the wrong date.

Hope this helps

I would echo the above comment about the date.

Personally, I find the 3-star sky align process more trouble than it is worth. Depends on how well you know the sky really. Can you identify Vega, Capella and Deneb? [sorry if that is an insulting question - not intended that way] If you have a reasonable grasp of celestial geography, I have found the two-star align to be more useful - if when the telescope slews to the second star it isn't in the fov of the eyepiece, I know something is amiss and I am going to have problems with the entire session - if it is quite close to the centre of my 32mm ep, I know that I am not going to have any GOTO problems. Added to which, I only need to align on two objects rather than three - 50% time saving!!

No probs with my 8se on 2 star align, even with my new wedge, using the EQ North alignment. If you are south london/North Kent could always pop round and help.

si