SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Dome ring Manufacturer ??

ribuck

Hi All,

I'm desperately needing help trying to find anyone who can make me a dome runner ring for my DIY dome.

I had problems finding someone locally to make me one, so i botched one out of pvc which just isn't up to scratch.

I need a metal base ring made with a diameter of about 6.5ft

Does anyone know where i can get one made or of any manufacturers who sell dome rings.

Rich.

Have you considered making your own out of a good grade 18mm Plywood. You could fashion a flat ring of the required diameter by cutting pieces to the right curvature and angles, and piece them all together. You would need to make two though, one to overlap the other, offset to cover each join. Screwed and glued, and the top capped with light guage aluminium plates, would do a good job.

Wood is a great medium to work with, and underestimated as an alternative to metal in some cases.

It wouldn't take you that long to do, once you have created the template for the pieces.

Ron.:hello2:

Mike,

The problem i have with the likes of big industrial steel unit's like the ones you suggest is that they aren't interested in doing little one off jobs, as i've tried a few in the past.

I guess i need a small steel works compnay.

Rich.

Archived