SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Narrow band rosette now with more data

MartinB

I think I'm done with this now. Might add an RGB star layer at some time though. It's been a bit of a battle but I'm finally happy with the end result.

Tak FSQ106 with QSI 532 camera.

Ha Astronomic 13nm 14x600 secs

OIII Baader 7nm 14x1200 secs

SII Baader 7nm 17x1200 secs

Captured with maxim over several nights. Dithered guiding.

Calibrated with maxim - 50 flats for each channel 100 bias and 20 darks

Registered, normalised and combined in CCDstack with sigma reject

DDP and scaled in CCD stack

Channels brought together and tweaked in PS. Ha luminence

With nearly 6 hours of data the SII channel finally started to co-operate! I love the wisps of SII in the core area.

post-12794-133877416511_thumb.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's just so gorgeous Martin. your processing of the data has produced a very different, but captivating Image.

Let's hope you have no more Equipment glitches, that might delay production of results like this.

Ron:icon_salut:.

Thanks guys, not sure about APOD Ron but flattered that you suggest it. Will be glad to get the Rosette out of my hair. I would love to get the Christmas tree cluster for Christmas! Then it's off with the Tak and on with the 10"LX200 hopefully for M1 and close up HH.

lovely effort there Martin, well done. You are lucky to get that much clear sky but then determined people make their own luck. I am having a go at this right now using FSQ and STL11000M and Astronomik narrowband. In spite of my dislike of binning I am going to bin the S2, there is definitely some useful S2 signal there after 10m.

Dennis

In spite of my dislike of binning I am going to bin the S2, there is definitely some useful S2 signal there after 10m.

Dennis

:D:eek: well I'll go to the foot of our stars!! Dennis binning! Looking forward to seeing it Dennis. The big FOV will give make it a very different picture to mine.

The background was very messy largely from the OIII channel. I think I must have mesed up the normalisation. I've tidied it up a bit now

post-12794-133877416655_thumb.jpg

I had a bit of a senior moment when I said I was imaging it with the FSQ. That should have read TMB 152. When the dodgy bits are cropped off the edges the field is about the same as yours but I'm getting 1.5"/pix instead of 3.5 hence the binning may not be so much of a problem. It's only going to be 30% of the data anyway.

Dennis

Archived