SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hilarious debate on astrophotography 101 on BBC blog

jah79

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great final post Lulu, hopefully that will have them postulating on their own existance.......:D

Mine wasn't the final posting!

Geminid-photographer-man wrote more.

Apparently, he was quite encouraged by my comment.

He wrote:

"Re; lulu57. At last, intelligent life form."

I do enjoy being ambiguous. :)

(I quite admire his tenacity, actually...:D)

Oh my God...................he's still spouting off !!

This guys a zoomer.

blumming brilliant stuff.

Better than an am-dram pantomime.

I'm sending that link to friends. Oh what a great time of the year, full cheer................and plonkers.

Ho ho ho.

Andy.

I like to think that some of the shadows are our scientific theories, and that as science progresses, these shadows sharpen and better (though still imperfectly) reflect reality.

Blimey.

That's quite plausible.

Was Plato right?!

And wouldn't it be ironic if he was?

He had none of our technological advantages, and yet...he had a damn good stab at the truth.:D

Sorry guys.

I'm seriously off-topic.

But Geminid Man has (inadvertently) stirred up some interesting ideas...hmmmmmm.

He has also given me the best belly laugh in a month. Bless.

Edit - just checked out the thread again - that man has stamina! I think he's been studying Socrates' dialectic method as practised by a Jack Russel...

We should all be ashamed of ourselves.

Peter

Why?

For correcting a blatantly obvious misleading/incorrect comment and images.

There is not a single Geminid in those images (not even a single meteor), Yet one guy is holding the fort and INSISTING that those images contain Geminids.

Ever feel like you just wanna reach out and give someone a nipple twist.

Nice star trail images........................ but ZERO Geminids.

"If you have a camera with a bulb setting or a 30 second exposure just switch of all the lights. walk around with a torch"

Ahhhhhhhhhhh ok that explains it. The reason none of us can see Geminids in those images is cuz we didnt switch off all the lights and walk around with a torch.

Why didnt we think of that in the first place?

At 7pm tonight (GMT) there were only 22 comments in the last 2 days . That means in the last 4 hrs there have been 27 comments.

The guy has balls of STEEL to maintain that those images contain Geminids.

I am torn between feeling sorry for him or registering and tearing him a new ahole.

"My wife just told me she saw two from the kitchen window. I find this hard to believe as she did not photograph them. Had she photographed the two she saw and they did not turn up in the image, should I believe her"

I give up. I think the only way this guy feels he exists is when he sees himself in photographs.

Like to see him explain how the night images of Nelson (Rob H's dog) were done at the Salisbury Star Party (he had a lovely illuminated collar on and was running all over the place), perhaps someone could show those to the guy and tell him they were meteors...just a thought...

Is there any virtue arguing with nutcases? The guy is clearly delusional. To capture a Geminid in an image, there has to be a visible image of a Geminid. He hasn't got one. His argument is absurd - even if 1,000 passed across his field of view, if there is no visible record on the image of this, he didn't capture it. Why waste time with him? Some people think they are Napoleon, others think they have a picture of something when there is no evidence that they have. He's trolling - all this drivel about people not believing in Geminids. He's a nutcase.

M.

Archived