Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First M57 with SC1 toUcam

Rob

Ok, here it is.... not fantastic but took me 45 mins of playing with the settings in K3ccd!! :?.

M57 at prime through my 150mm Explorer. 9, 15 &  20 second shots stacked. Seeing was ok (ish) got worse over time!!.

Ah... got it sort of in view!

firstm57.jpg

Lets move it in now

secondm57.jpg

Getting there!

thirdm57.jpg

Oh the sky is getting worse... lets get on with it.

forthm57.jpg

Rob :)

Hi Rob

Well all I can say is that you've certainly moved on in the last 4 years!

Back in May 2001 you were asking for tips just to find this DSO. Now here you are imaging it!

I think you've got a very respectible first image there. The shape is clearly defined - and you have managed to capture the colours pretty well, as well - with the outer red nicely shown.

Perhaps appropriate that I should be the first to comment on it! :)

Anyway, very nice first effort. Here's to many more. :)

Ok, here it is.... not fantastic but took me 45 mins of playing with the settings in K3ccd!! :?.

M57 at prime through my 150mm Explorer. 9, 15 &  20 second shots stacked. Seeing was ok (ish) got worse over time!!.

Ah... got it sort of in view!

Lets move it in now

Getting there!

thirdm57.jpg

Rob :)

..... There she is  :cheers:

image.jpg

Hi Rob,

Excellent first attempt at M57....you did really well. You must be chuffed.

Couldn't resist having a play. So I took three of the images you posted and stacked them. Then processed that in Photoshop to get this:

image.jpg

You've done really well matey. So onto the NGC's next then? :) Or perhaps bypass them and straight onto the IC objects.

Russ

• 2 weeks later...

Archived