1825338873_SNRPN2021banner.jpg.68bf12c7791f26559c66cf7bce79fe3d.jpg

The Crab Nebula : M1

Catanonia

At last managed to get a clear night and point the ED120 at the Crab Nebula.

Only 2 hours worth of data (5 and 8 mins guided).

I lost over 3 hours of 15min subs, they started to trail :)

Oh well, leason learnt.

Taken on a modded 1000D and guided with ED80 QHY5 and PHD.

Crab Nebula.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats very nice. I was going to do this one tonight but after setting up the gear and faffing around a bit I eventually got the scope and guider focused o find that the clouds were rolling in, I hate UK weather!

But, thats a cracker, thanks for sharing.

Gary

Stunning!

Great detail Cat. What filter did you use?

Bryan

Baader modded EOS 1000D with Astronomic CSL clip Light Pollution filter.

Shot with a SkyWatcher ED120 Evostar Pro Diamond Black scope on top of a EQ6Pro mount. Guided with a Skywatcher ED80 Pro II Gold and QHY5 / PHD.

Enhanced with CS3, 5 and 8 min subs (about 2 hours worth). A little Noels Actions, but mainly brightness / contrast / level work.

Would love to get MUCH closer to this target as this is a 100% crop. Might have a go with a 2x barlows in place. Will have to be VERY careful with guiding and obviously take a lot more subs / time.

Edited by Catanonia

Well Cat, I have to say, that is probably your best picture to date :D Great detail, nice stars, good colour in them, and a very sympathetic treatment of the nebula itself. It is a tricky one, with fluffy and sharp details together, and you've done them proud. Nice one.

Btw, if you can guide for 8 mins, but get trailing after 15, that'll be differential flexure.

Cheers

TJ

Well Cat, I have to say, that is probably your best picture to date :D Great detail, nice stars, good colour in them, and a very sympathetic treatment of the nebula itself. It is a tricky one, with fluffy and sharp details together, and you've done them proud. Nice one.

Btw, if you can guide for 8 mins, but get trailing after 15, that'll be differential flexure.

Cheers

TJ

wow mate, such nice words and really makes it worthwhile to get such praise from seasoned imagers such as yourself.

Post is in Imaging discussion regarding the flex.... Loads to check. Thanxs for the tip / advice.. Love this place at times until it makes me spend more money :)

/Cat is on cloud nine :D

Edited by Catanonia