Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Deepsky with the Skymax 127

russ

Hi all,

Managed a couple of hours in the garden with the Skymax last night Absolutely brilliant time Really chuffed with the scope. Couldn't believe how good M81/M82 looked. Even had an unplanned imaging session on M13. Very pleased with the result. Didn't bother to fine tune the focus, tracking slightly off but the EQ6, 300D and the Skymax did a great job.

20 images stacked. Can't remember the ratio now but the images were 35secs, 40secs, 45secs, 60secs and one 75sec. Original plan was just to see how the EQ6 held up working at 1560mm focal length.

M13-SM-2.jpg

Regards

Russ

Not sure if this has helped, tried to remove the slight trailing that you had... pretty impressive for a spur of the moment imaging session mate.

russ_m13_june.jpg

Fantastic, I'm looking forward to end of july when I can get back outside again...

Hi SE,

Many thanks, that makes a real difference. Must get round to doing that myself.

I'm over then moon with the image. Plus it blows the Explorer image i took earlier into the weeds and that image was taken on a new moon night.

The Skymax has far better contrast, with a much nicer black background sky. Which helps the DSO's just pop out when viewed visually.

I feel a plan coming on. And it involves selling the Explorer and Skymax, and then buying a Skymax 150

Russ

Ahh the A Team......how i liked that show :)

Must have inspired me!

Thinking about it, i miss Miami Vice too. :)

Oh and Dungeons & Dragons, Dangermouse, Knightrider etc

80's TV..brilliant.

Russ

Firstly.... cool image Russ 8)

I just knew you would start thinking about the Skymax 150!!! :)

80's TV.... loved Miami Vice & Knight Rider. A team was ok!... sort of enters that selection of shows made by Glen A Larson!

Oh god.... I'll get me coat! :oops:

First name mr second name Period last name T LOL

Russ if you do decide to sell the scope let me know matey i maybe interested. If my new cam comes tommorow my DSI is going up for sale...

The image you have got blows me away russ the amount of detail and star seperation is superb!

James :)

Ps:Fav 80's Tv is The younge one's and Blackadder

Archived