SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

1st light at last.....

Hi All, just had my first session with my shiny new Skywatcher 150p, after nearly a month of staring at the box, then looking at the clouds, then wondering will the night ever come when...........?

The early evening allowed me to fine tune the finderscope allignment on Jupiter. Even in twighlight I could pick out the cloud bands. Superb!!

Under dark skies the Pleiades looked fantastic with little wisps of nebulosity visible.

Most of the rest of the session was spent trying to find M36 & M37 and failing :) The combination of finderscope inverted/reversed views and my short neck are going to take some sorting.

Still on to the Orion nebula, Oh glory of glories. Could see all 4 stars of the Trapezium and the longer I looked the more fuzzy detail showed up!!! Tremendous.

Had to pack up, the dew on the lenses of the binos turned to ice.

Dumb newbie question coming up:-............

When your scope is covered in frost and you bring it into a warm house will the inevitable condensation cause any harm?

Also Telrad or Rigel rdf, and are they worth the pennies?

Cheers

Ian

Archived