740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

Hello, I'm a newbie

timefortea

Hi thought I'd come and join in the fun. I've been reading the posts in here for about a month now and thought I'd come and join you.

Quick profile:-

Live in the far West of Wales, so plenty of clouds but balanced by relatively low light pollution.

Interested in visual observing.

Have "dabbled" in stargazing for about 10 years but nothing too serious.

I might be persuaded to take up pencil and sketch pad at some point but have no desire to get into astrophotography, I'm completely hopeless with cams :):icon_confused:

Thanks for the welcome!

Ian

p.s. Talitha (or can I call you Carol), it was your articles in S@N mag. that sparked the idea of sketching. I've done something similar when using a microscope and that certainly improved my observation abilities.

Thanks for the welcome!

Ian

p.s. Talitha (or can I call you Carol), it was your articles in S@N mag. that sparked the idea of sketching. I've done something similar when using a microscope and that certainly improved my observation abilities.

Hi Ian, either one will do, although i've been told that the name Talitha suits me perfectly (it's a star in UMa, btw). And thank you so much for letting me know that the articles are what got you interested... it's a good feeling to know that they're an encouragement. Please feel free to post your sketched observations in the Sketching forum, ok? :)

Hi mate, I'm a newbie here too & also recieved a warm welcome. It certainly is a nice place to come & visit. I've spent ages over the past few days looking at, and being amazed by the quality of, the photo's that people have been able to take, they've inspired me to give it a go!