Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrozap light shroud for Skywatcher FlexTube

Hi Mark,

I have a home-made light shroud for my FlexTube. A fellow SGLer has a talented wife and while she was making one for him, she made one for me too.

However, it turned out that my FlexTube had slightly differently positioned knobs on the upper housing, which did not line up with the eyelet holes on the shroud.

The Astrozap shroud on FLO's website is fitted onto the FlexTube with a black tube. If yours has a white tube (like mine) the shroud may not fit.

A shroud is well worth having.

Mike

I have one for my 16" dob Mark and it's well made and fits perfectly. It does help with contrast and stops light scatter as for stopping dew the jury is out on this one, as my secondary still dewed up badly until I installed a secondary heater.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 300p flextube (12") and the astrozap shroud. It fits perfectly and very effective at blocking stray light from security and street lights. I like it but think it's overpriced for what it is - so maybe making one is a good alternative. It doesn't help as much as I'd like with dew - I intend to get dew heaters when budget allows.

Archived