SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Geminids ?

Dicky de Builder

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep; I got my wish. 100% cover here too. That's the past three showers that have been a total wash-out. You could set your clock by the weather here if there's a chance of a decent meteor shower.

had the same thing. beginning to think they may be pay per view or something:dontknow:

Metcheck forecast cloud for us and Metoffice didn't sound hopeful either but i strolled out at 10.30 to find an incredible sky. Pulled up a chair and spotted 22 over the next 30mins. Mainly faint ones.

This morning was clear too, although not as good as last night. But did see a spectacular meteor at 5.30am skimming through Ursa Major. Again the rest were quite faint.

Great to actually have a meteor shower that produced a good steady flow of meteors.

What are you Essex types doing, nicking our Kentish beer? Fair play though, I only wish that I had a few bottles stashed away, because I reckon it is "Brass Monkeys" out there at the moment, and the clouds keep spoiling everything.

With regards to nicking Kentish beer, can you name one Essex beer thats worth a damn, apart from Fosters, lol.

Sure was Brass Monkeys out there, was pretty good up till about midnight, saw about 20 or so. There was one in particular between half nine and ten oclock that travelled quite slowly down towards the horizon just left of Orion, it was as bright as a car headlight on full beam and looked huge. Was amazing.

Got back up at about 4am but was partly clouded over and couldnt see much, waited around for a bit but gave up by 4.45

Not a bad night though and no hangover, result!!

Total cloud cover last nite in Salford / Manchester. Was out 9.30 till 11.30 (thats dedication) but no sighting through the odd gap. Not Happy

Will there still be enough action tonight if i get out there again. I would be happy to see a handfull over a an hour or so. and any forcast on tonights weather in the north west

Teddy

here in Neath it was cloudy Sunday night so I thought thats a wash out again, but thanks to an extra freight train coming through that woke me at 03:00, saw a good number through breaks in the cloud. Some were really bright and at least 2 of those broke up as they came in into at least 3 smaller ones - pretty spectacular.

Archived