Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

True Technology

Pauls

• 4 years later...

Hi

Just a quick thank you to Nick Hudson at True Technologies for helping me upgrade / sort out my older filter wheel.

I needed some new adapters for this wheel to fit my Esprit 80 and some other scopes. The wheel is probably over 10 years old now so I was concerned about parts still being available. After a few emails to Nick it was clear that all the bits were in stock so I popped round to Nicks workshop on the way home one night which was convenient.

Had a good chat, drooled over some lovely Taks, had the new bits fitted to my wheel, Nick adjusted up the wheel and fitted a new new hinge and some new bushes. I came away a happy man.

I know that we are benefit hugely from well made, mass produced Chinese telescopes and accessories but its good once in a while to get bits from a home grown source like True Technologies.

Thanks

Stuart

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

A few days ago I contacted Nick Hudson at True Technology Ltd to enquire about the prices of refractors advertised. I had bought from Nick a number of times over the past twelve years and have always had a warm, friendly and rapid response to my enquiries. This time was no different!

True Technology have been supplying Takahashi telescopes since the mid 90s and so have a great deal of knowledge about the instruments being offered.

My enquiry included a question about the prices of certain scopes, which on the True Tech website seemed higher than some competitors.

I received a rapid response from Nick and was given a revised price for the telescope I wanted, and I placed an immediate order for the scope.

The telescope was in my hands less than 24hrs later.

It just proves that its worth enquiring before making a final decision. It certainly paid off for me!

I'd like to offer my sincere thanks to Nick Hudson f at True Tech for a great service and a very warm and understanding manner, as well as a super fast service.

Mike

post-41880-0-65129200-1427379037_thumb.j

• 5 months later...

I currently use the Takahashi clamshell TKA20420Q with my FS-60 though it is intended for the FC-76DC (same tube diameter).  While it is perfectly fine for the job, it is larger and heavier than it needs to be and with another trip to Africa coming up and limited weight allowance I decided I wanted the lighter weight TKA20420 clamshell which is specifically designed for the FS-60.  I emailed True Technology about the clamshell with a couple of questions including the possibility of attaching it to a vixen-style dovetail.  Within an hour I received a response from Nick, answering the questions and quoting me a price for the clamshell, dovetail and screws.  I confirmed my interest, and made the payment (by which time it was past business hours).  Nick confirmed the package had been dispatched the following morning and it arrived the day after, very well packed with plenty of bubble wrap.  A good transaction.

• 4 years later...

I have purchased from TrueTek Astro (previously known as True Technology so Mods please aggregate with that thread) and always found Nick very helpful and knowledgeable about Takahashi equipment.  This time was no different.

i decided I was tired of mediocre finders and believing the Tak 6x30 finder to be the best I have ever used, I felt the 50mm would be the same. Prices at the moment are around £315 on the internet but without prompting Nick offered it at £299 including shipping. He was expecting a new delivery within a week so I paid and he shipped out as soon as it arrived and it was delivered this morning. Just took a quick look at the Moon, it is very good!

Nice easy transaction as it should be.

• Like 4