SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Any stargazers in this area

Nexus 6

Hi,from ajfdab

I am looking to get together with anyone who may live in my local area BARTON UPON HUMBER NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE to do observing (if this terrible weather ever changes !) I am fortunate in having a fairly dark site were I live and it would be great to get some other opinions on my current kit or to evacuate some alternatives.

Equipment

Celestron cpc 925

Celestron Nextstar 6se

Vixen/Televue Eyepices

Canon 1000D

looks like you have some very nice kit there myfriend, i have a 6se saving for a 1000d and would love a celestron 925, in my opinion one of the best scopes on the market being very versitile, we have a club in the east midlands if it`s not to far away from you you`re very welcome to join us, link below

Stargazers Lounge - East Midlands Stargazers

cheers Rob

Have a look at www.astrospace.co.uk It's run by Paul Money, the chap who edits the review section in S@N magazine and produces the yearly Night Scenes publications. He's in Lincs and is involved in various astronomy groups etc in the area. I don't know Lincs very well, apart from Boston, Old Leake and Skeggy. He's at Horncastle. If that's not near he might be able to point you in the direction of people/groups nearer.

I've no connection with Mr Money other than enjoying his publications. He's a good friend of my step-mum (Silverstreak) and organises regular viewing sessions in and around Lincs.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

My first post here, and I just thought I'd let you know that I live about 15-20 minutes away from Barton-upon-Humber in Brigg.

I'm a complete newbie though, my wife bought me a telescope for xmas and I've hardly had chance to use it yet. I'm gonna have a go at aligning the RDF this weekend.

I'd be happy to meet up, but I can't offer much in the way of advice though.

Regards,

Scott

Archived