SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron f6.3 reducer

I have a Celestron f6.3 reducer that had annoying dust in between the centre lenses. A simple job I thought to clean it so I took it apart carefully.

During the operation I was called away from my bench in the garage to bath the kids icon_rolleyes.gif when i returned I couldn't remember the lens configuration icon_redface.gif

There are 2 groups of lenses consisting of 2 bonded lenses., I can work one out because the diagonal has made a micro faint 1.25" mark on the surface (WARNING :- dont fit a diagonal to a Celestron f6.3 reducer)

So one lens is definitely in correctly icon_redface.gif

The lens groups consist of one fat & one thin bonded together, there is also a spacer between the 2 groups.

From the camera / imager side (fat/thin) spacer (fat/thin)

or

From the camera / imager side (fat/thin) spacer (thin/fat)

Can anyone please help :icon_eek:

Cheers

Guy..

Hmmm ........Hard to tell without pulling it apart, but the front surface of the front lens seems to be almost flat ( ie the surface which faces the telescope)

Hope this helps....

What about the rear surface .... :icon_eek::D

Guy...

Archived