SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another from Kelling - Merope (M45)

Tim

I still keep finding these pics tucked away in my Kelling folder. I think they may have been from the stop start nights with patchy cloud, due to the short total exposure times. Rather pleased with the way this one came out though, as the full colour version of the whole nebula was blighted by misty clouds.

To get in close to one of the more dusty areas I used the Skywatcher Mak-newt 190 and a Starlight Xpress H9 mono camera. This gave a really up close and personal feel, I just wish I had the skies to do an M45 mosaic in this scale.

Colour taken on a different night with QHY8 on WO72, and layered on top via a step in registar.

This is 10 x 250 secs Luminance with the H9 + the colour.

Thanks for looking.

post-14037-133877413155_thumb.jpg

Thats superb!!!! Is September the last time we had a run of clear nights? Its seems longer than that to me!!!!!

Alan:)

Out of the 14 nights I spent at Kelling, I reckon I had 7 or 8 whole or part nights. Didnt really have an excellent excellent night though, there was a lot of moisture in the air and the seeing came and went.

The wettest November for decades hasn't helped us much though Alan, I'm just hoping it has got all the rain out of its system now :icon_eek:

Ever the optomist TJ.. I console myself by saying silly things like "each drop that falls means one less up there" Trouble is, I forgot all about the water cycle in physics.. :icon_eek:

Oh... by the way, that nebula looks so delicate and wispy - almost like like clouds - really beautiful.

Archived