Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Wedge

Any Music That You Associate With Astronomy?

Wow man! I grew up on Hawkwind. You are very lucky to have been so involved with them. If I ever had the chance to meet the guys from the band I would have to ask their interpretation of some of the songs.

This is all getting very Prog. I've seen Steve Hackett a couple of times after he went solo, about 79-80ish. I met him and his brother John a couple of times, a nice bloke. I've met quite a few of the blokes in Hawkwind too. I stayed with Nick Turner for a while in the 80s, last time I saw him was at a Miles Davis gig, he bought me a pint! I had a lovely day with Bob Calvert too in the 80s, about 85 I think, he did an interview with me when I had a pirate radio station on the go, a lovely man, I was so sad when we died. Did I ever tell you about the time...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What can I say? I'm a prog girl :)

Go on then lets have it (and I feel a new thread coming on here) whats your favorite prog album? I'm going to be rude here and go first (deep breath) Genesis; "The lamb Lies Down on Broadway" In second place "Moon Madness" by Camel...now just how prog is that :)

Edited by Caldwell 14

*faints*

You are officially my fave poster of the day. I love both of those.

I think my fave prog album is Marillion's Brave..but really I have about 10 fave prog albums. And most definately Genesis is in there.

But Camel's Nude and Stationary Traveller are in there too. Pressure Points is great too.

And love The Snow Goose too. I saw it on vinyl in the 2nd hand shop and was heartnroken that someone had given up on life and lobbed it in there :)

Wow man! I grew up on Hawkwind. You are very lucky to have been so involved with them. If I ever had the chance to meet the guys from the band I would have to ask their interpretation of some of the songs.

Well I never asked for an interpretation of any other thier songs bit Bob did give me his interpretation of Dave Brooks playing, her discribed him as a rather good rythem guitaist, I laughed out loud. I was told some years later my interview with Bob turned up on a couple of bootlegs.