Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any Music That You Associate With Astronomy?

Wedge

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daft Punk Interstellar 5555 was a good call second post in or basically Discovery as that was the original release.

Muse would have to be up there as one of the more spacey bands, basically everything by them except their latest offering.

I was listening to Steve Hillage the other night- reliving my hippy past you see- it struck me that the album 'Green' was a good listen for astronomy. The Glorious Om Riff would be good.

Generally though I prefer silence but I can put up with CG5 owners grinding coffee with their mounts if I have to :)

I was listening to Steve Hillage the other night- reliving my hippy past you see- it struck me that the album 'Green' was a good listen for astronomy. The Glorious Om Riff would be good. :)

Begads! That brings back memories. Cat number Virgin v2098 IIRC. 'I talk to the trees...' :)

Theres some good toons on Tangerine Dreams - Stratosfear album as well.

I did listen to Bach more often than not years ago when observing - partly because some of his work is on the gold record on Voyager but also I hoped that the precsion if not the genius would be contagious.

Generally though I like the quiet whirr of the mounts motors and the stead clink of eyepieces being put in and removed against near silence or just the sound of the breeze.

• 1 year later...
Recently I've started using a lot of classic piano & violin music as I find it easier to concentrate on what I'm doing with such music than pop, rock and the other genres

Observing The Pleiades with 'Stars' (Brian Eno) through the headphones is a truly magical experience!

Archived