Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon, mosaic and a bonus shot!

tmarkuk

A couple of images form last night, the first one just made me laugh. I was testing out EOS movie record with the Canon 1000D with the though of doing a full frame avi stack on the moon when I saw this :

tmarkuk-albums-moon-picture3407-lucky-shot.jpg

The second image is my first attempt at a mosaic, I used an SPC900NC webcam on my 250mm reflector. It took a total of 27 captures to cover the moon, each was about 1000 frames. These were stacked in registax and then I spent hours carefully aligning them all in photoshop.

Then I though, 'Windows Live photo album has a photo stitch tool, I wonder if that's any good?' Yeah, it is, it did a better job than I ever could in about 3 minutes, it even corrected the colour across the images and blended all the seams. I should mention that I had to reverse the scope about two thirds of the way through this and the camera got moved, so those images are at an angle to the rest and it still got them right, amazing software.

You don't get any bonus points for pointing out that I missed a bit :icon_eek:, It's the shadow of a passing UFO I reckon.

tmarkuk-albums-moon-picture3406-mosaic-spc900nc-webcam.jpg

(there is an even more huge version of this, I'll work out somewhere sensible to host it in the morning.

I have a cunning plan to fix the missing bit by completing my full frame avi from the 1000D in regiistax and cutting out the missing bit, it'll be lower resolution but that bite is nagging at me.

I also have 60 full 10mb raw images, I'm wondering if I can get those to stack in registax and pull my missing bit from there... :icon_eek:

A nice job Mark. Love the plane :icon_eek:... the Mosaic is very good, and it's so easy to miss a bit. I ended up double and triple checking each avi on mine the other night to make sure I didn't miss any (I missed a lot on my first attempt...)

I found my missing bit! So here it is without the cut out, a bit of a gausian blue applied and the color left in. Click for the full size.

Next time I'm going to have a go with the barlow and concentrate of specific areas and go for more frames. Lots of learn!

a361b120edb9a65155b83571ae75e86f_3412.jpg?dl=1259875398

One more.... the same night, but a stack of 30 raw format images taken with the canon 1000D on the 250mm reflector, stacked in registax and deeply over saturated to bring out the surface variations.

7c40b2b98a6ae884b4931846b537c43e_3417.jpg?dl=1259880556

Archived