Narrowband

I have actually used my scope tonight! Bit of advice appreciated though.

Hi, got my first ever session on scopes last friday on my astronomy course at the local observatory and was blown away by what I saw. 7 sisters, few double stars, mars, neptune, uranus andromada, ring nebula eskimo nebula, orion nebula and double star in cygnus and similar in ursa major sooooo as it is a clear night I ventured out with my skywatcher something or other(cheap one) and went a looking for the first time after my drunken attempts in the past :D

I only went out with low expectations and decided that the bulls eye of taurus was a good first target as it was bright and I found it! Then I look at 7 sisters again and was impressed that much I kept going back lol. Looked at capella and did have a scan for the star clusters under it but I dont know if the haze from lighting was too bad or if my scope wont pick them up :headbang: Just wondered if anyone here will know if I will see them or not as at the minute due to a limted sky because im viewing from a terraced house back yard I can only see stars and quite liked the looking round for stuff by eye. The concrete floor beat me though and my knees couldnt take the wait for orions belt to come over the roof tops I so need somewhere to go to gaze with my time/sky/darkness but then dont we all?

Archived