Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First attempts

zedds

Hi all

Here are the best of my first attempts (a good choice of word as you`ll see :headbang:) at imaging. I enjoyed getting the images down though. I haven`t got any imaging kit yet so all i could use were a olympus digital camera held up to the eyepiece and snapping the best i could. They were took using the 200.

Well here they are.

post-17420-133877411252_thumb.jpg

post-17420-13387741126_thumb.jpg

post-17420-133877411265_thumb.jpg

Great first attempt Andy

Nice detail emerging.

When I take a focal shots I use shutter priority mode and vary the length of time the shutter is open.

Try using a shorter shutter time on the next one to reduce the blown out white parts of the Moon.

Paul

Thanks for the comments.

With the small camera i used i don`t think i can vary the shutter speed, but i understand what you mean paul. Thanks for the tip.

I`m looking into getting some imaging kit sorted. I was thinking of a webcam of some sort to start with and start from there. But if i spot a good deal who knows. I don`t really want to try to run before i can walk though.

I don`t really want to try to run before i can walk though.

Thats one of the reasons I have stayed with the afocal and prime focus technique.

The laptop ~ webcam ~ polar align setup has made me think twice about going down that road :headbang:

Paul

Nicely done Andy... afocal really isn't easy. I'm not sure shutter priority will help with the blown highlights, as the camera ought to adjust the aperture and ISO to bring back what it thinks is the correct exposure. Unfortunately the light meter is kinda dumb and includes any black around the edges, which therefore means that the camera thinks the image is underexposed.

Archived