740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

the moon tonight 23-11-09 at 1800

astropete

Lovely shot Pete. I've just seen it from the bedroom window.

I'd just got dressed after a bath, when the wife called me into the back bedroom where it could be seen in the southwest. Jupiter is quite close to the Moon, and will make a nice pairing in a lens.

Ron.:headbang:

thanks for the comments, i have caught jupiter and posted on the planets section. the pic is very bland shows no detail apart from the four main moons, but it is my very first camera pic of any planet apart from the moon, if you enlarge the pic of jupiter to 400% and scroll right i am sure one of the "blobs" of light may be neptune, but again there is no detail, just a patch of light. the sky here in wallsend is great no clouds at all and the viewing is clear with a slight breeze.

Pete,

nice pic. Tried web camming this evening for first time, but didn't manage to get as good an image. It was really quite windy when I was out, light stuff was being blown off the table I was working at. Jupiter was a white blob. Occaisionally things would settle down for an instant and you could see a band or two.