Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CdC V3 + HEQ5pro+ PC Direct = no comms??

I've been using EQMOD for the last few weeks ( Great!), but needed to check out the HEQ5pro under PC Direct.

I have the original RJ11 cable I used before, connected to Comms 2 ( looks OK in Windows Control Panel), set the Synscan handcontroller ( V3.25) to PC Direct and opened CdC V3.

When trying to connect via ASCOM 1.5 ( Celestron driver 5.0.14) to Celestron NexStar 8i ( as recommended in the manual) I get the message " No celestron mount found"

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?????

Steve,

Don't understand...sorry...

When I had the original V2 handcontroller on the HEQ5pro, I would set the handcontroller to RS232 and use the Celestron " Nexstar 5/8" setting under CdC and we'd communicate OK.

The manual for V3 Synscan says the same but with the handcontroller set to PC Direct. ( V3.21 release notes) and P11 of the Synscan manual.

What would you call "normal" to connect the V3.25 Synscan to a PC planetarium control????

Merlin

You have 2 options for linking the PC to your mount using your handset

1 Using the appropriate Celestron driver (usually Nexstar 8) in the plnetarium software, in your case CdC to connect to your handset which has its functions fully operable

2 Using the EQMOD option in CdC which requires most functions in the handset to be 'switched off' by using PC Direct with the HS acting largely as a voltage regulator. The 'intelligence' is then being provided by EQMOD

You can't use the options combined as you're trying to do. It's one of the other

Hope that makes sense

Sense

Guys,

I don't understand ( not unusual for me!!!)

The manual says set the handcontroller to PC Direct and select Celestron mount.......

I've just tried Steve's suggestion and set the handcontroller to "non-PC Direct" and..........It WORKS!!!

Steve, thanks for that! Really don't understand why, but yes it does work without EQMOD/ASCOM

( need this option, maybe, for interface for AstroPlanner...)

Thanks, guys.

Ken

Archived